Saturday, June 16, 2012

Elk Mountain hike

I have only ever done Elk on days when the view was
nothing to write home about.. AND only with a bunch
of school kids who really push you to overexert yourself
(you CAN'T be the last one up on a school
outing with KIDS!!).. Needless to say, I have always
had it in my head that Elk is a terrible choice for a hike..
I remembered it as brutal compared to the
Mt. Cheam hike, but now I believe it is because
of the pace we kept while hiking it..
 It isn't even actually that bad this time!
I was very thankful we went:)

(So was Aneira:)
That dog ran 10x what we walked - up 100 ft ahead,
back to 25ft from us, up another 100, back to 25 - not
sure if she was insulting us or encouraging us:)
And the amount of people who take their dogs hiking!!!
I bet we met close to 20 other dogs throughout those few hours...

The beauty of temperate rain forests:






Aneira cooling herself off in the snow up at the top:)

The view is awesome up there!

Thanks to another couple who came by we have a pic with all 3:)






Mak was weary after his day off:)

As was Aneira...

1 comment:

  1. ... and that picture of the purple flowers - STUNNING!! I want it :) see you in a bit
    {I'm working - I promise!!}

    ReplyDelete